Monday, October 13, 2008

Random Thought

We ran out of toilet paper today at work and that made me remember something very important for future travelers.  Are you ready for this shocking insight? No? Take a seat and prepare yourself.

SOUTH AMERICA HAS THE WORST TOILET PAPER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm serious, the tp down there isn't even half ply. It's worse than sandpaper. Admittedly, I place a strange importance on the softness of the paper I use to wipe my undercarriage with but I figure you need to pamper the parts of you that you don't want to piss off. That's why I'm more than willing to stub the shit out of my little toe but very reluctant to let things poke my eyeball. Anyways, Jujuy Argentina is a brillant beautiful place but the paper down there is an affront to backsides everywhere. And the problem isn't just limited to Argentina, both Chile and Bolivia had toilet paper so rough that it made me cry and wish for the sweet feel of freedom paper on my ass. 

So in summation- Latin America = Awesome place to visit or live
                                Toilet Paper in said local= Well, just bring your own supply, who cares if immigration gives you a weird look as you pass through customs.


2 comments:

Sofi said...

If you're in Chile you need to buy Elite toilet paper. The name of the brand alone should tell you enough about the quality of the tp.

Anonymous said...

wow you took my blog cherry

Adam has already told me to watch out...


When I was in Jujuy I went out to the local supermarket and bought the best quality I could find- still nothing to write home about. BUT- SA does have those little things that spray water up your backside so all in all it wasn't as bad as it could have been.